Well, well, I am talking about the 'cup of American sweet corn'. Two spoons of it and you would be lost in the taste.. The next thing you would know is that you are scraping the bottom of your cup with the plastic spoon with this awful feeling - 'aah, got over so soon!'
This yummy healthy snack is our all-time family favourite. Tried my hand at recreating this magic at home. K's final verdict (which made my day): 'This corn is the best I've ever had. It is much much better than the ones we get outside' :-)
Ingredients (serves two)
- Sweet corn (boiled): 1 + 1/2 cups
- Butter: 2 tsp (those who are calorie conscious, pl dont omit this.. this ingredient is 'the' taste amplifier)
- Salt: to taste
- Pepper powder: to taste
- Corriander leaves: 1/2 tbsp, chopped very fine
- Lemon juice: 1+ 1/2 tsp
- Boil the sweet corn. Just follow the instructions on the cover. My packet instructed me to immerse the cover in boiling water for 3 - 5 minutes. Did just that and the corn tasted great
- Drain out all the water in the sweet corn and set aside
- To this, add salt, pepper, butter, lemon juice and finely chopped corriander leaves
- Quickly mix everything very well
- Adjust the salt-pepper-lemon juice ratio to your liking
- Serve hot!!