Monday, November 9, 2009

Groundnut ladoos


Peanuts again!

If there were a club for peanut lovers, I am sure to be its President. I am one of those who can eat/enjoy groundnuts in absolutely any form. When I saw Valli's peanut ladoos which she had made for Ganesh Chaturthi, I instantly knew this is going to be yet another lip-smacking incarnation of the wonder nut!!

My recipe, which makes about 17 fairly big ladoos, is completely Srivalli's except that I had used 3-4 tbsp of ghee for double of her quantity of peanuts. My ladoos tasted a little more sweeter than they should have been because I had used two packed cups of grated jaggery instead of two loose cups.. This is one place to be slightly cautious.. Else, the ladoos were yummmmmmm!

Ingredients:

  • Roasted peanuts: 2 cups
  • Grated jaggery: 2 cups
  • Ghee: 3 -4 tbsp (just to hold the ladoos together- add more if you feel like)
  • Cardamom powder: 1/2 tsp
Method to make the ladoos:

  • M/W the peanuts till they are done or roast them in a kadai. I M/W-ed the nuts for about four-and-a-half minutes, just kept stirring once in 40 seconds or so. They were done fast.
  • Allow the nuts to cool and remove the skin
  • Grate the jaggery on the other hand and measure two (loose) cups
  • Add the nuts, jaggery and cardamom powder and start whipping in the mixie
  • The texture of the ladoos is a question of personal choice. I had mine about 90% smooth, just wanted one or two pieces of peanuts in between for texture
  • Empty the contents of the mixie into a wide basin
  • Heat 3 - 4 tbsp of ghee and pour on top of the mixture
  • Make ladoos
  • Done!
  • Finish of as many ladoos as you can while making them since you may not get to see them once you take them out of the kitchen :)
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails