Monday, August 16, 2010

Eggless Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie


Recently I was suddenly possessed by an almost instantaneous urge to bake cookies. I went through my bookmarks and I decided which one to make since I had all the ingredients handy. I had bookmarked it long back since this recipe not only does not include egg, but also does not call for any form of egg replacers. I halved the recipe and it yielded forty medium sized slightly chewy eggless oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.. Yummmmmm!

Ingredients:
  • Butter : ½ cup or 1 stick
  • Brown sugar (packed): ½ cup
  • Vanilla extract: ½ tsp
  • Maida / APF: ¾ cup + (I also had another 1/2 cup ready since I read in the reviews that Imay need some extra flour towards the end)
  • Salt: 1/4 tsp
  • Baking soda: ½ tsp
  • Boiling water: 1/8 cup
  • Quick cooking oats (Quaker): 1 cup
  • Raisins: 1/3 cup
  • Semisweet chocolate chips: ¾ cup

Method:

  • Sift together the flour and salt. Keep aside.
  • Beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy. Add flour and salt, mix well.
  • Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture. Stir in rolled oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
  • Wrap the cookie dough in a plastic cover and chill it in the fridge for about 20 – 30 minutes.
  • Preheat the oven to 350 F or 175 C.
  • Make small roundels and gently pat them down on a lined cookie sheet.
  • Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Take care not to overbake.
  • Take off the cookie sheet immediately. Let it cool for 15 – 20 minutes.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails