I had previously mentioned the visit of my close friend R. We landed up yapping till 4 in the morning.. And to our utter surprise, a large portion of our discussion was on food!! Yummy discussions indeed.. R remembers me as a single working woman who was completely calorie conscious! She had no clue that I had even taken interest in cooking. She was surprised to see this transformed friend and was more than glad to share her cooking secrets with me.
This atta ladoo is a direct bi-product of those lovely late night talks. About making these ladoos, all I can say is, they are easier to make than blogging how to make them! So simple, yet so tasty and nutritious! This made a quick evening prasadam during Navarathri.
Ingredients (makes 7 ladoos)
- 1/2 cup wheat flour / atta
- 1/2 cup grated jaggery or a little less if you prefer it little less sweety
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 - 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 - 2 tbsp cashews and raisins
Method of preparation:
- Take a kadai. Dry roast the atta till a heavenly aroma arises. Empty the roasted atta in a fairly large bowl
- Add the grated jaggery to it
- In the same kadai, heat ghee
- Fry the broken cashews and raisins till they become golden brown
- Pour the ghee over the atta
- Add the cardamom powder
- Mix well and make ladoos
- If making the ladoos becomes a trouble (in most cases it wont), just heat a little ghee and pour over the mixture
- Yummy ladoos are ready in ten minutes flat!